Deutsch | Español | Français | Italiano | Português | ??? | ??? | ??
Bookmark this blog on Del.icio.us or Furl

June 25, 2010

Musings in my special day

It's not easy to come up with great working mother gifts. One of the best gifts I ever receive after being a mom, as paid at-home worker or self employed was the benefit of having a diswasher machine; paid full time daycare for about 4 years; a digital camera and the pocket camcorder. I can tell you that my life, my time, my career was real benefited from it.

I could upgrade and advance my professional path like never before, I greatly enjoyed life. I could focus and the things need for my business, do and take the necesary steps to grow my business. Yes working mothers love the quiet commute and adult interaction.

We all love our kids. We enjoy talking with other moms about them and their foibles. But it's nice to have a built-in break from the world of children, even if it means talking about overdue reports, sales projections and upcoming presentations.

Even better is the opportunity to chat with co-workers about politics, sports, current events or the latest blockbuster movie. Potty training and camp schedules can drive you crazy if you don't have any other topics of conversation.

Work Gives You an Identity Beyond "Mom"

Being a mother is our most important job. But it can be overwhelming if it's our only one. Working mothers get to have an identity separate from being "Mom".

Working Mothers Earn a Pay Check

It doesn't make you greedy to relish the weekly or monthly pay check you bring home. That money feeds and clothes your family, and helps provide for their financial security in the future.

Like it or not, our society runs on money and recognizes it as proof of accomplishment. If you make a choice to give up that pay check, you are opening your family to the risk of financial instability down the road.

Working Mothers Set an Example

As a mother of daughters, I am keenly aware that my life choices will be their first model when they venture out into the world. They may choose differently, but their point of comparison will be the decisions I made about my career and family.

So while I hope they understand that family is my top priority, I also love that they see me having a professional life that is rewarding and important.

Our Children Learn Independence

Someone recently asked me why daycare children are so confident and outgoing. While I don't feel that statement is universally true, I do believe that being in child care helps kids to develop independence and confidence. Every day they separate from their moms and dads, and things turn out okay.

It's wonderful to see children develop loving relationships with their caregivers, and learn different things from them than they would have learned from their parents.

... and regarding the digital camera and the camcorder?

I loved it !! One of the best working mother gifts I ever received was a digital camera and a pocket camcorder -- seemingly invented with moms in mind. The best digital camcorders combine the ease of a point-and-click camera with the crisp quality of video that you want to watch and share with friends.

I'm most thanksful to the Almighty and all people involved !!! I Always enjoy my special day.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Home

Login

Consultancy

Publications

Contact

About

Speaking

Blog